o·da·ia | \ 'oh-day-yeah \Ancient Greek word that means "that for which a merchant travels".
ODAIA helps sales and marketing teams by using AI to understand and predict customer behavior. Our signature SaaS product Maptual (focused on the medical and life sciences space), incorporates data and AI predictions so that our clients understand their customers on a deeper level and with the right people, faster. Some of our clients include Janssen, AstraZeneca, Ipsen, and Sandoz.
Founded in 2018 out of the University of Toronto, in collaboration with the University of Lausanne in Switzerland, ODAIA is led by experienced entrepreneurs, scientists, and AI industry veterans. Though we’re working on serious, cutting-edge technology, we consider ourselves a collection of diverse, smart, collaborative, and passionate colleagues with a great sense of humor.
To help companies create sales and marketing efficiencies and grow revenues by transforming their businesses around the customer while driving engagement and commercial growth.
We’re also on a mission to build an innovative, diverse, and ego-free business, where trust, innovation, and ownership are valued. You’re on a mission too? We’re here for it. We put an emphasis on career development for our employees, and the opportunities are extensive.
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, you possess the passion, curiosity, and motivation to design and implement solutions end-to-end. You are laser-focused on bringing value to end-users and have amazing attention to product design details. You are a high-impact individual contributor who can also effectively mentor and collaborate with the team.
Experience in shipping production-quality code for medium to large-scale software products.
Your Day to Day
- Build great software products in a dynamic startup environment
- Create responsive front-end SaaS applications
- Our Front-End stack: ReactJS, ES6, Axios, Redux, RESTful, GraphQL, Material-UI, ApexCharts.js, AWS EB
- Our Back-End stack: AWS, Kubernetes, ECS, RDS, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, API Gateway, Cognito, Kafka, SQS, etc...
- Participate in all aspects of the product life cycle: conceptual design, development, deployment, operations, and code reviews
- Work closely with product design and know when to strive for pixel-perfection and when to scale the effort to meet deadlines
- Facilitate inter-team and cross-functional collaboration
- Setup best practices and develop technical and product domain expertise
- Juggle between production and rapid prototyping needs in a fast-paced environment using agile practices.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, refactoring, standards, and improving build and test systems
What You Bring
- Minimum 2 years of React experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Solid understanding of computer science: data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, functional design, and other design principles/patterns such as Atomic design.
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, browser DOM, JS and AJAX requests
- Comprehensive understanding of software systems in general, including microservices, SQL and NoSQL databases, unit and integration testing, CI/CD, API Design (RESTful and GraphQL), messaging, and containerization
- Familiar with one or more UX design systems and libraries: Material, Bootstrap, Polaris, etc
- Attention to product design details and user experience
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform, security, and responsive design
- Understanding data visualization is highly beneficial
- Self-directed, take initiative, and adjusts quickly to changing priorities, and copes effectively with complexity and ambiguity
- Has exceptional communication skills, understand how to influence both technical and non-technical teams
- A continuous learner who seeks and welcomes feedback to improve yourself and your craft
What We Offer
- Working on unique challenges productizing data science in new ways
- The opportunity to make a full impact by designing, building, and contributing directly
- Tremendous growth and learning opportunities
- Great benefits! We offer top-notch health benefits for medical, dental, vision care, mental health, prescription drug coverage, travel insurance, and alternative treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic services.
- Flexible working hours. We focus on what we achieve and not the number of hours we clock. We trust our employees and empower them to shape their work themselves so that they can achieve the best possible results.
- An open and flexible vacation policy. Our employees can take what they want when they want it - as long as they get their work done, get the time approved, and get things covered while they're away. One of our core values is trusting and respecting each other, and this policy is just one of the ways we show it.
- Stock options, as an early team member
We are a remote-first company based in Toronto with plans for in-person collaborative work sessions post-covid. We leverage many synchronous and asynchronous communication tools as well as virtual social events, and provide an allowance for your ideal WFH setup.
At ODAIA, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.